Vivekananda film premiered
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Recalling the trance he went into as the camera rolled and he got into the skin of Ramakrishna Paramahansa, actor Premankur Chattopadhyay said he would be forever indebted to the director of The Light Swami Vivekananda.
"I can't explain how it all felt as I mouthed lines like 'Truth is one, but it is called by different names. All people are seeking the same Truth.' I am grateful director Tutu Sinha could think of me as Ramakrishna," the veteran actor said after the premiere of the film in Kolkata recently.
Echoing Premankur, debutant actor Deep Bhattacharya, cast in the lead role of the great mystic, said "As I uttered the words 'gnyan dao, bhokti dao, bibek dao, bairagyo dao' (give me knowledge, fill me with devotion, give me conscience and give me sanyas) before Premankurda, the words started ringing within me. It was not just a dialogue."
He continues, "My own struggles in life at an early age after my father's death had lots of similarities with Narendranath. That perhaps helped me while enacting this role," he said.
Jagdish Misra of Tricolour Productions said the film will also be made in other versions as inspiring tales for the youth of the country.