Vivekananda ideal role model for India's youths, says RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Swami Vivekananda is a perfect role model for India's youths as his thoughts are still relevant and a guiding force for world, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said here today.
"His (Vivekananda's) thoughts are as useful today as they used to be then.
His thoughts throw light on India's development as well as the world," Bhagwat said. He was addressing a concluding session of the two-day national seminar organised by the Bhartiya Vichar March, marking the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
"In today's fast-paced world, one feels like reviewing 150-year-old thoughts of Swmi Vivekananda as they continue to be as relevant as they were then," the RSS chief said. Bhagwat said even the world acknowledges that thoughts of Swamiji brought about a change in the thought process of the people.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first