Voice of Punjab season 3 starts, auditions held in city
- Ranji Trophy cricketer approaches RR player, offers money to fix matches
- PM Modi begins visit to France, eye on multi-billion dollar Rafale deal
- Hillary Clinton expected to announce presidential candidacy this weekend
- Tirupati killings [VIDEO]: Man who escaped says will reveal all to court
- Greenpeace foreign funds blocked, govt cites ‘talks with AAP’ as a reason
Hundreds of aspiring singers participated in the day-long auditions for the Voice of Punjab season 3 which were held on Friday. This reality music show is held by the PTC Punjabi channel each year.
The auditions for this season began on May 7 across nine major cities: Amritsar (May 7), Jalandhar (May 9), Ludhiana (May 11), Faridkot (May 14), Bathinda (May 16), Sangrur (May 18), Patiala (May 21), Karnal (May 23) and Chandigarh (May 25).
The winners (a boy and girl) of the title will get a chance to record a music album.
Contestants between the age group of 18 to 27 years can participate and all entries received will be screened for voice talent in the city auditions by a panel of judges. The successful candidates will be called for a mega audition in Chandigarh.
A few selected contestants will battle it out in studio rounds in Delhi, to be judged by Bollywood singer Saleem and music director Sachin Ahuja.