Voice of Punjab season 3 starts, auditions held in city
- Congolese youth murder: Sushma steps in, says govt committed to safety of African nationals
- Bihar: Five arrested in murder case of journalist Rajdeo Ranjan
- LIVE: Pinarayi Vijayan all set to be sworn-in as Kerala chief minister
- Govt clearances faster but lack of promoter interest stalls projects
- Demand-driven boost to economy rides on rains, rural income, pay panel award
Hundreds of aspiring singers participated in the day-long auditions for the Voice of Punjab season 3 which were held on Friday. This reality music show is held by the PTC Punjabi channel each year.
The auditions for this season began on May 7 across nine major cities: Amritsar (May 7), Jalandhar (May 9), Ludhiana (May 11), Faridkot (May 14), Bathinda (May 16), Sangrur (May 18), Patiala (May 21), Karnal (May 23) and Chandigarh (May 25).
The winners (a boy and girl) of the title will get a chance to record a music album.
Contestants between the age group of 18 to 27 years can participate and all entries received will be screened for voice talent in the city auditions by a panel of judges. The successful candidates will be called for a mega audition in Chandigarh.
- Increasing attacks on freedoms in between polls must worry us all
- Latest round of assembly polls did not see a BJP wave or a decimation of Congress
- India’s economic growth has been associated with premature industrial suburbanisation
- SC judgment on criminal defamation gives rise to a few obvious free speech concerns
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism