Voices loud on social media
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
The voices were loud, almost deafening, on social media sites.
Facebook and Twitter had messages that expressed the anger and anguish, and demanded change.
"It is not failure of her organs but of the system" was tweeted and re-tweeted by many, who also called for more sensitivity towards crimes against women.
Many slammed Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who went to Jantar Mantar to participate in the condolence meet, and the government for turning India Gate area into a fortress — once again.
Users also spoke up against the heavy security blanket. "28 company CRPF,11 company RAF,6 company CISF + entire Delhi Police.10 metro stations closed,road blocks..Is the UPA govt preparing 4 a war?," a tweeter posted.
A protest group on twitter #delhiprotests asked people to assemble at Jantar Mantar on December 31.
Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar joined in with tweets requesting all to maintain peace and calm.