Volkswagen shifts India head John Chacko, appoints Gerasimos Dorizas
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
German car maker Volkswagen today announced top-level management rejig at its Indian business, appointing its current Managing Director Gerasimos Dorizas as the Chief Representative, replacing the incumbent John Chacko.
Chacko has been moved to the headquarter of Audi, the luxury car brand of the Volkswagen group. He will take over the new role from next month.
Also, the company appointed Mahesh Kodumudi as the President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
"Gerasimos Dorizas (52), Managing Director of Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt Ltd, has been appointed Chief Representative of the Volkswagen Group in India with effect from March 1," the company said in a statement.
Dorizas had joined the Volkswagen Group Sales India as Managing Director in 2012.
The company further said: "John Chacko (60), previously President, Managing Director and Group Chief Representative of Volkswagen India, is transferring to a responsible position with Audi AG with effect from April 1."
Chacko has been leading the European car maker's Indian operations since 2010.
Besides, Volkswagen said: "Effective March 1, Mahesh Kodumudi (47) has been appointed President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd."
In 2012, the Volkswagen group witnessed a total sales of 1,14,045 units comprising five brands – Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Lamborghini and Porsche. It had registered a sales of 1,11,637 units in 2011.
Kodumudi has assumed the responsibility for Volkswagen's Indian production company at Pune. He had joined the group in 2008 and was appointed Executive Director, Purchasing of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd, the statement said.
Chacko had joined the Volkswagen Group in 1979. He has held various management positions at Volkswagen, Audi and Seat before becoming Technical Project Manager for India with Volkswagen in Wolfsburg in 2006. In 2008, he became Technical
Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today