Volkswagen shifts India head John Chacko, appoints Gerasimos Dorizas
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
German car maker Volkswagen today announced top-level management rejig at its Indian business, appointing its current Managing Director Gerasimos Dorizas as the Chief Representative, replacing the incumbent John Chacko.
Chacko has been moved to the headquarter of Audi, the luxury car brand of the Volkswagen group. He will take over the new role from next month.
Also, the company appointed Mahesh Kodumudi as the President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
"Gerasimos Dorizas (52), Managing Director of Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt Ltd, has been appointed Chief Representative of the Volkswagen Group in India with effect from March 1," the company said in a statement.
Dorizas had joined the Volkswagen Group Sales India as Managing Director in 2012.
The company further said: "John Chacko (60), previously President, Managing Director and Group Chief Representative of Volkswagen India, is transferring to a responsible position with Audi AG with effect from April 1."
Chacko has been leading the European car maker's Indian operations since 2010.
Besides, Volkswagen said: "Effective March 1, Mahesh Kodumudi (47) has been appointed President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd."
In 2012, the Volkswagen group witnessed a total sales of 1,14,045 units comprising five brands – Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Lamborghini and Porsche. It had registered a sales of 1,11,637 units in 2011.
Kodumudi has assumed the responsibility for Volkswagen's Indian production company at Pune. He had joined the group in 2008 and was appointed Executive Director, Purchasing of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd, the statement said.
Chacko had joined the Volkswagen Group in 1979. He has held various management positions at Volkswagen, Audi and Seat before becoming Technical Project Manager for India with Volkswagen in Wolfsburg in 2006. In 2008, he became Technical
Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.