Volkswagen shifts India head John Chacko, appoints Gerasimos Dorizas
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
German car maker Volkswagen today announced top-level management rejig at its Indian business, appointing its current Managing Director Gerasimos Dorizas as the Chief Representative, replacing the incumbent John Chacko.
Chacko has been moved to the headquarter of Audi, the luxury car brand of the Volkswagen group. He will take over the new role from next month.
Also, the company appointed Mahesh Kodumudi as the President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
"Gerasimos Dorizas (52), Managing Director of Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt Ltd, has been appointed Chief Representative of the Volkswagen Group in India with effect from March 1," the company said in a statement.
Dorizas had joined the Volkswagen Group Sales India as Managing Director in 2012.
The company further said: "John Chacko (60), previously President, Managing Director and Group Chief Representative of Volkswagen India, is transferring to a responsible position with Audi AG with effect from April 1."
Chacko has been leading the European car maker's Indian operations since 2010.
Besides, Volkswagen said: "Effective March 1, Mahesh Kodumudi (47) has been appointed President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd."
In 2012, the Volkswagen group witnessed a total sales of 1,14,045 units comprising five brands – Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Lamborghini and Porsche. It had registered a sales of 1,11,637 units in 2011.
Kodumudi has assumed the responsibility for Volkswagen's Indian production company at Pune. He had joined the group in 2008 and was appointed Executive Director, Purchasing of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd, the statement said.
Chacko had joined the Volkswagen Group in 1979. He has held various management positions at Volkswagen, Audi and Seat before becoming Technical Project Manager for India with Volkswagen in Wolfsburg in 2006. In 2008, he became Technical
Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress