Volkswagen shifts India head John Chacko, appoints Gerasimos Dorizas
- Cabinet reshuffle: Only PM Modi, Amit Shah know final list
- Alarm bells in valley, much easier for infiltrators to get through
- Priyanka as star campaigner, Congress' hopes might finally be coming alive
- Dhaka hostage siege: Terror reloaded in Bangladesh
- UP Elections 2017: Sensing ‘defeat of some MLAs’, Mulayam orders ‘secret survey’
German car maker Volkswagen today announced top-level management rejig at its Indian business, appointing its current Managing Director Gerasimos Dorizas as the Chief Representative, replacing the incumbent John Chacko.
Chacko has been moved to the headquarter of Audi, the luxury car brand of the Volkswagen group. He will take over the new role from next month.
Also, the company appointed Mahesh Kodumudi as the President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
"Gerasimos Dorizas (52), Managing Director of Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt Ltd, has been appointed Chief Representative of the Volkswagen Group in India with effect from March 1," the company said in a statement.
Dorizas had joined the Volkswagen Group Sales India as Managing Director in 2012.
The company further said: "John Chacko (60), previously President, Managing Director and Group Chief Representative of Volkswagen India, is transferring to a responsible position with Audi AG with effect from April 1."
Chacko has been leading the European car maker's Indian operations since 2010.
Besides, Volkswagen said: "Effective March 1, Mahesh Kodumudi (47) has been appointed President and Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd."
In 2012, the Volkswagen group witnessed a total sales of 1,14,045 units comprising five brands – Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Lamborghini and Porsche. It had registered a sales of 1,11,637 units in 2011.
Kodumudi has assumed the responsibility for Volkswagen's Indian production company at Pune. He had joined the group in 2008 and was appointed Executive Director, Purchasing of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd, the statement said.
Chacko had joined the Volkswagen Group in 1979. He has held various management positions at Volkswagen, Audi and Seat before becoming Technical Project Manager for India with Volkswagen in Wolfsburg in 2006. In 2008, he became Technical
Managing Director of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd.
- Dhaka terror attack exposes vulnerability of the state machinery in Bangladesh
- Education needs to be delinked from ideology and the job market
- Divided, volatile world ahead. Brexit could not have come at a worse time
- Agriculture needs a champion in the Union cabinet
- Next Door Nepal: Unseeing corruption
- Disconnect between government and people