Volkswagen to bring spotlight on motor-racing
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
A premiere racing event, the Volkswagen Polo R Cup, which began in the city, with a race at Balewadi Sports Complex will host its third edition at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida on Sunday. The country's largest motorsport sponsors and promoters, Volkswagen, JK Tyre and MRF Tyres, have come together with Sidvin and organised the Festival of Speed. This festival will host a number of national and international races, all in one weekend. The Sidvin Festival of Speed includes the finales of JK Tyre National Championship's and Polo R Cup along with two major International Championships, the JK Racing Asia Series finale, and Round 2 of the MRF Challenge 2012. About 125 drivers from India and abroad will converge, which promises motorsport enthusiasts a veritable feast of nail-biting action, intense battles and unmatched moments of glory. The race weekend will include, in all, 14 races.
Rapid Chess on December 9
THE Buddhibal Kreeda Trust and the Pune District Chess Circle will organise a rapid chess competition on Sunday, December 9 at the Symbiosis Spa on Prabhat road. The competition will be open to players from the Pune district.
Around 140 entries on first come first serve basis will be accepted. The prize fund for the event is Rs 12,500. The entry fee for this competition is Rs 200. Tournament entry forms are available at Kunte Chess Academy in Kothrud and also on the website, www. kuntechessacademy.com,
Honour for Aniruddha Deshpande
THE President of the Pune District and Metropolitan Badminton Association and Pune District Chess Circle, Aniruddha Deshpande was awarded the Symbiosis Krida Bhushan Award for 2012. The Krida Bhushan award carries a cash prize of Rs 21,000, a scroll of honour and a memento. Deshpande assumed a leading role in the creation of the Maharashtra Badminton League, a franchise-based badminton competition which has already completed two editions. He is also currently engaged in launching the Maharashtra Tennis League as well as the Maharashtra Chess League. He also owns Maharashtra Premier League team, Torna Tigers.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer