Voting right for soldiers: Army formations give positive response to NGO’s appeal
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Reply from one of the Corps says that efforts are being made to ensure that maximum number of servicemen are enrolled in the electoral roll as another formation. "Every cantonment can have a separate voting booth for soldiers," the reply suggests. Some of the most important replies include those from the Army HQ, the National Defence College (NDC), Delhi and one from the Directorate General of Medical Services (Army) (DGMS) which refers to issuance of necessary instructions to all the Common (Medical) regarding registration of service personnel as service voters.