Wagon derailment chokes traffic
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A goods train derailed between Boinchi and Debipur stations on Tuesday afternoon leading to cancellation of 13 long-distance trains and affecting EMU services along Bandel- Burdwan section. Fifteen rear wagons of the goods train, loaded with coal, derailed. The derailed wagons blocked both the up and down tracks due to which long-distance trains had to be diverted, a railway spokesperson said. Two 140-tonne cranes were deployed to remove the derailed wagons, which also damaged a section of rail tracks. Senior officers reached the site and inspected the wagon removal work.
Sealdah-Assansol Intercity Express, Sealdah - Rampurhat Passenger, Kolkata-Muzaffarpur Tirhut Express, Laluiilla Express, Howrah-Delhi Janata Express, Howrah-Malda Express, Howrah-Azimganj Express, Howrah-Mokama passenger, Howrah-Rampurhat Passenger, Howrah-Rajgir Passenger, Dhanbad-Howrah Black Diamond Express, Rampurhat-Sealdah Passenger, Kolkata-Jasidih.