Wagon derailment chokes traffic
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A goods train derailed between Boinchi and Debipur stations on Tuesday afternoon leading to cancellation of 13 long-distance trains and affecting EMU services along Bandel- Burdwan section. Fifteen rear wagons of the goods train, loaded with coal, derailed. The derailed wagons blocked both the up and down tracks due to which long-distance trains had to be diverted, a railway spokesperson said. Two 140-tonne cranes were deployed to remove the derailed wagons, which also damaged a section of rail tracks. Senior officers reached the site and inspected the wagon removal work.
Sealdah-Assansol Intercity Express, Sealdah - Rampurhat Passenger, Kolkata-Muzaffarpur Tirhut Express, Laluiilla Express, Howrah-Delhi Janata Express, Howrah-Malda Express, Howrah-Azimganj Express, Howrah-Mokama passenger, Howrah-Rampurhat Passenger, Howrah-Rajgir Passenger, Dhanbad-Howrah Black Diamond Express, Rampurhat-Sealdah Passenger, Kolkata-Jasidih.