Wagon derailment chokes traffic
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A goods train derailed between Boinchi and Debipur stations on Tuesday afternoon leading to cancellation of 13 long-distance trains and affecting EMU services along Bandel- Burdwan section. Fifteen rear wagons of the goods train, loaded with coal, derailed. The derailed wagons blocked both the up and down tracks due to which long-distance trains had to be diverted, a railway spokesperson said. Two 140-tonne cranes were deployed to remove the derailed wagons, which also damaged a section of rail tracks. Senior officers reached the site and inspected the wagon removal work.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?