Want licence for a shop in North? Install CCTV cameras first
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
Any commercial establishment that wants a licence from the North Municipal Corporation will first have to ensure that the premises is under CCTV surveillance.
The Commissioner of the corporation, P K Gupta, has directed all departments responsible for issuing licence to trade operators to make CCTV cameras on premises a mandatory clause for approval.
Apart from general trade licence and licence for shops in the markets, the corporation gives licence to slimming centres, laser centres, beauty clinics, and gyms. The civic agency has also included spas and massaging centres under the new policy.
"Every shop in a market (under the corporation) that gets a licence from us will have to put CCTV cameras. The directions have come to make CCTV mandatory and part of licence policy," a senior official said.
The direction is as part of North corporation's effort to make the city safer for women. Gupta is part of the 13-member special task force set up by Secretary, Home Ministry, to look at safety issues related to women along with review of the functioning of the Delhi Police on a regular basis.
The commissioners of South and East corporations are also members of the special task force.
The order pertaining to CCTV cameras will be the among first steps taken by the corporation since the formation of the special task force.
The government set up the task force after the December 16 gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedic student, who died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
The members of the task force comprise Delhi's chief secretary, commissioner of police, special commissioner (traffic), special commissioner (law and order), chairperson of Delhi Commission for Women, chairperson of New Delhi Municipal Council, transport commissioner, commissioners of the three city municipal corporations, excise commissioner and joint secretary (UT) in the Home Ministry.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready