Want to do justice to Princess Diana role: Naomi Watts
- Sena likens Kulkarni to Ajmal Kasab; Uddhav felicitates attackers
- India hits back, says don't need Pakistan lecture on pluralism
- CBI arrests Bank of Baroda AGM, forex ops chief
- China operationalises $1.5 bn dam on Brahmaputra in Tibet
- Salman Rushdie rubbishes criticism by 'Modi Toadies', says he is against 'thuggish violence'
Actress Naomi Watts wants to do the justice to the character of late Princess Diana in a new biopic 'Diana' about the royal's life.
The 44-year-old blonde actress portrays the royal, who died in a Paris car crash in August 1997, in forthcoming movie 'Diana' and she says it was important she told her story in a truthful way, reported Showbiz spy.
"It's very difficult to play someone who had such a deep impact and left such a lasting memory on the public. Our memory of her is still very fresh and you have to be respectful of that. It's also more complicated and sensitive when you take into account her two sons. But I want to do her justice and tell her story truthfully," she said.
Although Watts is expecting to get criticised for her portrayal of the much-loved princess, she says it was a role she could not turn down.