Want to retain the colour of your jeans? Clean them in the freezer
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
A jeans-lover from Melbourne has said that he has the solution to jeans that lose their colour and dexterity with washing - clean them in the freezer.
Fitzroy-based Nobody Denim wash designer Troy Strebe said overwashing was a pair of jeans' worst enemy.
"Washing definitely degrades not only the colour of the jean but also the fabric of the jean, especially if you are machine washing or drying," the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
He said that one could put their jeans in the freezer next to a box of bicarb soda and turn them inside out and that freezes off the bacteria.
Strebe airs his own in the sun and uses retaW, a denim fragrance spray from Japan.
Strebe said the key to finding the perfect pair was checking off the three Fs - fit, fabric and finish.
He said that if it fits right in the beginning but it is made of a substandard-quality material that is going to bag out.