Want to retain the colour of your jeans? Clean them in the freezer
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A jeans-lover from Melbourne has said that he has the solution to jeans that lose their colour and dexterity with washing - clean them in the freezer.
Fitzroy-based Nobody Denim wash designer Troy Strebe said overwashing was a pair of jeans' worst enemy.
"Washing definitely degrades not only the colour of the jean but also the fabric of the jean, especially if you are machine washing or drying," the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
He said that one could put their jeans in the freezer next to a box of bicarb soda and turn them inside out and that freezes off the bacteria.
Strebe airs his own in the sun and uses retaW, a denim fragrance spray from Japan.
Strebe said the key to finding the perfect pair was checking off the three Fs - fit, fabric and finish.
He said that if it fits right in the beginning but it is made of a substandard-quality material that is going to bag out.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?