Want to retain the colour of your jeans? Clean them in the freezer
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
A jeans-lover from Melbourne has said that he has the solution to jeans that lose their colour and dexterity with washing - clean them in the freezer.
Fitzroy-based Nobody Denim wash designer Troy Strebe said overwashing was a pair of jeans' worst enemy.
"Washing definitely degrades not only the colour of the jean but also the fabric of the jean, especially if you are machine washing or drying," the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
He said that one could put their jeans in the freezer next to a box of bicarb soda and turn them inside out and that freezes off the bacteria.
Strebe airs his own in the sun and uses retaW, a denim fragrance spray from Japan.
Strebe said the key to finding the perfect pair was checking off the three Fs - fit, fabric and finish.
He said that if it fits right in the beginning but it is made of a substandard-quality material that is going to bag out.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might