Wanted Bangla criminal held
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Kolkata: Subrata Bain, alleged to be one of the top Bangladeshi criminals with terror links, was arrested from central Kolkata on Tuesday. Kolkata Police Commissioner R K Pachnanda said, "Our team had ben tracking Bain for the past several days. He will be produced before the court tomorrow." Police have recovered fake Indian currency notes of face value Rs 11 lakh from him and a firearm. Bain had reportedly fled from a prison in Nepal by digging a tunnel on November 8. His name was in the list of 23 most wanted criminals given by the Bangladeshi government to India.
Trinamool leader heckled at CU
Kolkata: Trinamool trade union leader and government Chief Whip in the Assembly, Sovandeb Chatterjee, was heckled by another faction of the outfit led by Dola Sen at Calcutta University campus on Tuesday. The incident took place when members of Trinamool-led Calcutta University Employees Union was staging a demostration in front of the Vice- Chancellor Suranjan Das' chamber against alleged cases of corruption.
KMC reshuffle: Mayor gets back revenue
Kolkata: In a reshuffle on Tuesday, Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee was given back the charge of revenue assessment which had been given to Mayor-in-Council Debabrata Majumdar in January.
Sources said Roads and Engineering portfolio held by the mayor will now be under Atin Ghosh. The decision was announced after a meeting with Chief minister Mamata Banerjee, the mayor and the MICs. Tarak Singh who had Entally workshop and tubewells would now be incharge of slums, which was under Ghosh.