Wanted Bangla criminal held
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
Kolkata: Subrata Bain, alleged to be one of the top Bangladeshi criminals with terror links, was arrested from central Kolkata on Tuesday. Kolkata Police Commissioner R K Pachnanda said, "Our team had ben tracking Bain for the past several days. He will be produced before the court tomorrow." Police have recovered fake Indian currency notes of face value Rs 11 lakh from him and a firearm. Bain had reportedly fled from a prison in Nepal by digging a tunnel on November 8. His name was in the list of 23 most wanted criminals given by the Bangladeshi government to India.
Trinamool leader heckled at CU
Kolkata: Trinamool trade union leader and government Chief Whip in the Assembly, Sovandeb Chatterjee, was heckled by another faction of the outfit led by Dola Sen at Calcutta University campus on Tuesday. The incident took place when members of Trinamool-led Calcutta University Employees Union was staging a demostration in front of the Vice- Chancellor Suranjan Das' chamber against alleged cases of corruption.
KMC reshuffle: Mayor gets back revenue
Kolkata: In a reshuffle on Tuesday, Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee was given back the charge of revenue assessment which had been given to Mayor-in-Council Debabrata Majumdar in January.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU