War sport ‘Gatka’ meant only for Gursikhs: Akal Takht
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
Underlining that Sikh martial art Gatka was the 'war sport' of the Sikhs, the five Sikh high priests, after an Akal Takht meeting on Friday, said that only Gursikhs must be included in the teams of Gatka competitions, virtually declaring that Gatka was a sport exclusively for the Sikhs.
"Gatka is a respectable work and only Sikh institutions and Sikhs are authorised to engage in it. During Gatka competitions, only Gursikhs must be included in the teams to ensure the unique identity of Sikhs," Akal Takht chief Giani Gurbachan Singh read out the directive signed by the Sikh clergy.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: Modi’s multilateral moment
- The politics of peace
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner