Warangal, Karimnagar shut down over CM’s visit
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Tension prevailed in parts of Warangal and Karimnagar districts that observed a shutdown on Thursday in response to a call by pro-Telangana groups to protest the visit of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy. The CM was attending 'racchabanda' (mass contact) programme to review the implementation of several welfare schemes and pro-poor programmes in the region. In response to the 'bandh' call given by TRS, BJP and Telangana Joint Action Committee, business establishments and educational institutions remained closed in parts of Warangal and Karimnagar. The AP State Road Transport Corporation withdrew its services to these two districts.