Warangal, Karimnagar shut down over CM’s visit
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
Tension prevailed in parts of Warangal and Karimnagar districts that observed a shutdown on Thursday in response to a call by pro-Telangana groups to protest the visit of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy. The CM was attending 'racchabanda' (mass contact) programme to review the implementation of several welfare schemes and pro-poor programmes in the region. In response to the 'bandh' call given by TRS, BJP and Telangana Joint Action Committee, business establishments and educational institutions remained closed in parts of Warangal and Karimnagar. The AP State Road Transport Corporation withdrew its services to these two districts.