Was apprehensive to take up 'Chakravyuh': Esha Gupta
- Missing Naval officers on board INS Sindhuratna confirmed dead
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Actress Esha Gupta, who is all set to shed her glamorous image in Prakash Jha's upcoming film 'Chakravyuh', says she was initially apprehensive to play an IPS officer in the the film.
The 23-year-old former model, who was previously seen in 'Jannat 2' and 'Raaz 3', says many people told her that it was too early for her to take on the gritty role.
"I was initially worried to take up the project. People were telling me not to opt for 'Chakravyuh' because it wasn't a glamorous character. But I took it as a challenge and believed in Prakash sir, who has given a new height to the career of Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone through his films," Esha told PTI.
The actress, who was in the capital to launch Nokia's new application City Lens, said she is happy to work with Jha.
"When you are meeting him for the first time, he comes across as a very intimidating personality. But in real life, he is completely opposite. He is an introvert person and takes time to open-up. The best thing about him is that he doesn't demand respect rather he commands it. I really don't know how did he manage to shoot hundred people under one frame," she said.
The film, which revolves around the naxal problem, will make its world premiere at the 56th London Film Festival on October 10 ahead of its release on October 24.
"Hopefully, we all are travelling for it because Prakash sir is known to be a team's person and he wants to take everyone for it," she said.
After delivering back-to-back hits with 'Jannat 2' and 'Raaz 3', the Delhi girl says she would like to star in an action film.
"Being an athlete in school, I would like to do some full-on action film like the actresses in Hollywood do. I was really inspired by Angelina Jolie in 'Salt'. I would also like
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight