Was perturbed with jokes on me; but now enjoying it: Alok Nath
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- ICC World Twenty20: Sri Lanka through after hailstorm
Veteran actor Alok Nath says although he was initially perturbed with the jokes made on him, he is now enjoying them.
Alok Nath, who has appeared in family drama films like 'Maine Pyar Kiya', 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun', 'Hum Saath-Saath
Hain', 'Pardes', 'Taal', 'Vivah', 'Ek Vivaah... Aisa Bhi' and others, was mostly seen playing supporting roles of a father or uncle, who is humble, conservative and gives importance to sanskar (family values).
The jokes trending on the social networking sites revolve around the characters portrayed by him on small and big screens.
"If somebody cracks jokes on you, it is not a pleasant thing. Initially I was perturbed, but some jokes were really funny that even I enjoyed it. I took it (jokes) in (positive) stride. I am looking forward to more," Nath told PTI.
When asked which jokes he enjoyed the most, he said, "When Alok Nath was born, doctor said 'Badhaai ho, babuji huay hain!'; Alok Nath is so sanskari, ki uska ghar ka pressure cooker bhi seeti nahi Marta... I enjoyed these jokes."
Earlier, people have enjoyed jokes made on South superstar Rajinikanth and ACP Pradhyuman (from CID). But the jokes based on Alok Nath suddenly started trending on social networking sites since last week.
According to the actor, the 1999 family drama film 'Hum Saath-Saath Hain' was aired last week and someone picked up the dialogues about sanskar (family values) and that is how the trend began and spread.
- Paying dues
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’