Was perturbed with jokes on me; but now enjoying it: Alok Nath
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Veteran actor Alok Nath says although he was initially perturbed with the jokes made on him, he is now enjoying them.
Alok Nath, who has appeared in family drama films like 'Maine Pyar Kiya', 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun', 'Hum Saath-Saath
Hain', 'Pardes', 'Taal', 'Vivah', 'Ek Vivaah... Aisa Bhi' and others, was mostly seen playing supporting roles of a father or uncle, who is humble, conservative and gives importance to sanskar (family values).
The jokes trending on the social networking sites revolve around the characters portrayed by him on small and big screens.
"If somebody cracks jokes on you, it is not a pleasant thing. Initially I was perturbed, but some jokes were really funny that even I enjoyed it. I took it (jokes) in (positive) stride. I am looking forward to more," Nath told PTI.
When asked which jokes he enjoyed the most, he said, "When Alok Nath was born, doctor said 'Badhaai ho, babuji huay hain!'; Alok Nath is so sanskari, ki uska ghar ka pressure cooker bhi seeti nahi Marta... I enjoyed these jokes."
Earlier, people have enjoyed jokes made on South superstar Rajinikanth and ACP Pradhyuman (from CID). But the jokes based on Alok Nath suddenly started trending on social networking sites since last week.