Wasim Jaffer bereaved as father passes away
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Mumbai's senior opening batsman Wasim Jaffer today lost his father who passed away at the Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra following a brief illness.
Abdul Kader Jaffer, a former bus driver with the BEST (Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport) undertaking, was 78, according to sources.
Former Test opener, Jaffer was recently declared the Man of the Match for scoring a century in the Ranji Trophy final against Saurashtra, which Mumbai won for the 40th time by an innings inside three days.
He has also been included in the Mumbai team that will take on the Rest of India in the five-day Irani Cup tie at the Wankhede Stadium from February 6.