Wasim Jaffer bereaved as father passes away
- Dengue: Toll reaches 16 as two more girls die; over 2,000 tested positive
- Bihar polls: After quitting Grand Alliance, Mulayam forms Third Front
- US Federal funds rate remains unchanged, defers to global economic volatility
- Bharti gets relief from arrest as HC reserves order on anticipatory bail
- No ban on meat in Maharashtra as SC rejects plea against Bombay HC's order
Mumbai's senior opening batsman Wasim Jaffer today lost his father who passed away at the Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra following a brief illness.
Abdul Kader Jaffer, a former bus driver with the BEST (Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport) undertaking, was 78, according to sources.
Former Test opener, Jaffer was recently declared the Man of the Match for scoring a century in the Ranji Trophy final against Saurashtra, which Mumbai won for the 40th time by an innings inside three days.