Wasim Jaffer bereaved as father passes away
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
Mumbai's senior opening batsman Wasim Jaffer today lost his father who passed away at the Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra following a brief illness.
Abdul Kader Jaffer, a former bus driver with the BEST (Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport) undertaking, was 78, according to sources.
Former Test opener, Jaffer was recently declared the Man of the Match for scoring a century in the Ranji Trophy final against Saurashtra, which Mumbai won for the 40th time by an innings inside three days.