Watch trailer: Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda on the 'Highway'
- Elections 2014 Live: Elections 2014 Live: Uma promises separate Bundelkhand, Meira fails to vote in Delhi
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
The much awaited trailer of Imtiaz Ali's latest venture, 'Highway', is out. The film features 'Student of the Year' actress Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda who was last seen in 'John Day'.
'Highway' is a story of two characters from different backgrounds — played by Randeep and Alia.
As shown in the trailer, Randeep kidnaps Alia and takes her away in a truck. The trailer has Alia expressing herself and saying, "I don't want to go back to the place from where you kidnapped me" and then it shows a brief flashback where Alia is seen getting tortured by the rugged Randeep Hooda. Alia then says, "Where ever you are taking me, I don't want to reach there, but this 'way', 'the road' are so good, I wish it never ends".
It is then, when Alia, the girl who has been kidnapped, realises her freedom in bondage and starts loving the drive, the roads and the entire road trip across six states. Thus, the story unfolds.
In this fifth film of Imtiaz Ali, after 'Rockstar', chirpy Alia comes across as a surprise as she has given a mature performance.
The film has Oscars winner A R Rahman's music.
Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala, 'Highway' is basically a romantic-drama and slated to release on February 21.
Watch the trailer:
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi