Watch: First trailer of John Abraham's Madras Cafe
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
After the super success of Vicky Donor, director Shoojit Sircar is ready with a political thriller Madras Cafe.
Starring John Abraham, Nargis Fakhri and Rashi Khanna in lead roles, Madras Cafe is based on the civil war in Sri Lanka.
The trailer starts off depicting scenes of war and terror. John Abraham, sporting a macho tough look plays the role of a RAW agent who is assigned covert operations for he agency in Sri Lanka's Jaffna city.
Nargis, who made her debut opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Rockstar, on the other hand plays an international reporter with a thick accent.
Though the trailer, John Abraham is seen investigating, interrogating and leading several attacks. However, at the end we see him captured and brutally battered.
"We have shown real side of RAW agents. In fact we have two retired RAW agents in the film. They don't jump like spider-man or go around and flaunt their six pack abs. We have stuck to realism," John Abraham told reporters at the first look launch.
Madras Cafe has been shot in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand and Chennai for which John Abraham learned all the languages spoken in these places.
This is John Abraham's second production after the National Award winning Vicky Donor.
The movie is slated to hit screens on August 23.