Watch: First trailer of John Abraham's Madras Cafe
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
After the super success of Vicky Donor, director Shoojit Sircar is ready with a political thriller Madras Cafe.
Starring John Abraham, Nargis Fakhri and Rashi Khanna in lead roles, Madras Cafe is based on the civil war in Sri Lanka.
The trailer starts off depicting scenes of war and terror. John Abraham, sporting a macho tough look plays the role of a RAW agent who is assigned covert operations for he agency in Sri Lanka's Jaffna city.
Nargis, who made her debut opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Rockstar, on the other hand plays an international reporter with a thick accent.
Though the trailer, John Abraham is seen investigating, interrogating and leading several attacks. However, at the end we see him captured and brutally battered.
"We have shown real side of RAW agents. In fact we have two retired RAW agents in the film. They don't jump like spider-man or go around and flaunt their six pack abs. We have stuck to realism," John Abraham told reporters at the first look launch.
Madras Cafe has been shot in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand and Chennai for which John Abraham learned all the languages spoken in these places.
This is John Abraham's second production after the National Award winning Vicky Donor.
The movie is slated to hit screens on August 23.