Watch: First trailer of John Abraham's Madras Cafe
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
After the super success of Vicky Donor, director Shoojit Sircar is ready with a political thriller Madras Cafe.
Starring John Abraham, Nargis Fakhri and Rashi Khanna in lead roles, Madras Cafe is based on the civil war in Sri Lanka.
The trailer starts off depicting scenes of war and terror. John Abraham, sporting a macho tough look plays the role of a RAW agent who is assigned covert operations for he agency in Sri Lanka's Jaffna city.
Nargis, who made her debut opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Rockstar, on the other hand plays an international reporter with a thick accent.
Though the trailer, John Abraham is seen investigating, interrogating and leading several attacks. However, at the end we see him captured and brutally battered.
"We have shown real side of RAW agents. In fact we have two retired RAW agents in the film. They don't jump like spider-man or go around and flaunt their six pack abs. We have stuck to realism," John Abraham told reporters at the first look launch.
Madras Cafe has been shot in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand and Chennai for which John Abraham learned all the languages spoken in these places.
This is John Abraham's second production after the National Award winning Vicky Donor.
The movie is slated to hit screens on August 23.