Watch out for states that vote in 2013
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
The BJP moves into the election year with confidence as the Congress is a badly divided house where top leaders are seen openly plotting against each other. Chief Minister Raman Singh is eyeing a hat-trick and has already begun introducing a series of populist welfare measures, including the Food Act. His aides confirm more schemes are expected soon, in almost a replay of 2008 when he swung the public mood by announcing Rs 1 per kg of rice before the elections.