Watch the accessories BJP's Poonam Madam declares
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
With watches worth Rs 16.55 lakh, diamonds worth almost Rs 40 lakh and gold worth Rs 1.26 crore between her and her businessman husband, plus silver all her own worth another Rs 16 lakh, BJP candidate Poonam Madam could well be the candidate with the most luxurious array of accessories. She is contesting from Khambaliya.
The couple's watch collection is mentioned next to "jewellery", an unusual entry unmatched in other candidates' affidavits. Poonam's watches are worth Rs 8 lakh, her husband Parminder Kumar's watches slightly higher.
Her investments are worth roughly Rs 85.23 lakh (her husband has invested another Rs 1.75 lakh) in listed Dabur, ITC, L&T, SBI, RIL and several unlisted companies such as Greenwire Tech and 9-Cube. They have bank accounts in New Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida; she has property in Gurgaon and in Gujarat.
The total assets she has declared are roughly Rs 16 crore, her husband's share being Rs 1.83 crore (all in movable assets). She is one of the crorepatis who together make up a third of of all candidates contesting these elections.