Watch the accessories BJP's Poonam Madam declares
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
With watches worth Rs 16.55 lakh, diamonds worth almost Rs 40 lakh and gold worth Rs 1.26 crore between her and her businessman husband, plus silver all her own worth another Rs 16 lakh, BJP candidate Poonam Madam could well be the candidate with the most luxurious array of accessories. She is contesting from Khambaliya.
The couple's watch collection is mentioned next to "jewellery", an unusual entry unmatched in other candidates' affidavits. Poonam's watches are worth Rs 8 lakh, her husband Parminder Kumar's watches slightly higher.
Her investments are worth roughly Rs 85.23 lakh (her husband has invested another Rs 1.75 lakh) in listed Dabur, ITC, L&T, SBI, RIL and several unlisted companies such as Greenwire Tech and 9-Cube. They have bank accounts in New Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida; she has property in Gurgaon and in Gujarat.
The total assets she has declared are roughly Rs 16 crore, her husband's share being Rs 1.83 crore (all in movable assets). She is one of the crorepatis who together make up a third of of all candidates contesting these elections.