Watch the accessories BJP's Poonam Madam declares
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
With watches worth Rs 16.55 lakh, diamonds worth almost Rs 40 lakh and gold worth Rs 1.26 crore between her and her businessman husband, plus silver all her own worth another Rs 16 lakh, BJP candidate Poonam Madam could well be the candidate with the most luxurious array of accessories. She is contesting from Khambaliya.
The couple's watch collection is mentioned next to "jewellery", an unusual entry unmatched in other candidates' affidavits. Poonam's watches are worth Rs 8 lakh, her husband Parminder Kumar's watches slightly higher.
Her investments are worth roughly Rs 85.23 lakh (her husband has invested another Rs 1.75 lakh) in listed Dabur, ITC, L&T, SBI, RIL and several unlisted companies such as Greenwire Tech and 9-Cube. They have bank accounts in New Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida; she has property in Gurgaon and in Gujarat.
The total assets she has declared are roughly Rs 16 crore, her husband's share being Rs 1.83 crore (all in movable assets). She is one of the crorepatis who together make up a third of of all candidates contesting these elections.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy