Water crisis forces MSBTE to advance exam dates
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
There are 1,040 colleges affiliated to MSBTE across the state. This includes 189 pharmacy colleges and 479 engineering colleges. The rest offer short-term diploma courses.
The proposal to advance the exam by a month was given to the board by a delegation of 16 principals. "Principals of 16 colleges, most of which are located in areas facing water shortage, had proposed that the exams be held earlier. We cannot make different timetables for various regions. We have appealed colleges to co-operate," said Khodke.