- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
It's finally official after years of researching and talking about it, filmmaker Shekhar Kapur has shook hands with Yash Raj Films for his ambitious project Paani. "I have been preparing for this film for a long time, but always wanted an Indian partner that has the same passion for the film as I do and in Aditya Chopra I have finally found that. It's a huge production that demands futuristic sets and large action pieces. With Yash Raj Films, I have found a perfect home for Paani," said Kapur in a statement to the press.
The film is based in future, where wars over water have broken out in the world. Water is now owned by international corporations who use thirst as a weapon of control. In one such future city, a young love story breaks all the rules and in the ensuing war, water flows back to its people. The film will have a strong Indian and Western star cast, headed by a young leading actor from India and a young leading actress from the West. The film, produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by Shekhar Kapur, will be shot in India and overseas and has music by AR Rahman. It goes on floors mid 2013.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota