WB, Chandigarh to clash for boys' title
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
West Bengal and Chandigarh will clash for the boys title in the 58th National School Games Football U-14 tournament while Manipur and Haryana will vie for the girls crown. Both the finals will be played at the Mumbai School Sports Association (MSSA) ground.
The third place play-off in both boys and girls will also be played on Thursday, November 29. Punjab will take on Delhi for the third place finish in the boys section, while Goa plays Maharashtra in the girls section.
The tournament is being organised by the Directorate of Sports & Youth Servies, M.S.Pune and Government of Maharashtra, Under the Auspices of School Games Federation of India (SGFI).
In the girls semi-finals played on Wednesday, November 28, Manipur blanked Goa by a margin of 5-0 at the MSSA. Ratan Bala Devi scored three goals and Ranjana Chanu scored a brace to help Manipur girls beat Goa.
The other girls semi-final saw Haryana beat Maharashtra by 3-1. Nisha scored a hat-trick of goals for Haryana to lead her side to a win over Maharashtra.
In the boys section semi-final Chandigarh beat Delhi by 1-0 thanks to Anil's 10th minute goal at the Karnatak Sporting Association ground.
West Bengal and Punjab played out a goalless full-time encounter in the other boys' semi-final. West Bengal finally won via the penalty shoot-out by a margin of 4-3.