WCD department to promote weddings at the registrar office
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Keep it simple and get married at the registrar's office is the message the Women and Child Development (WCD) department of Maharashtra wants to spread as part of its gender sensitization programme. Varsha Gaikwad, State WCD minister said the department was thinking of offering incentives for getting married at the registrar office.
To respect girls, WCD scheme for boys mooted
A scheme for adolescent boys has been proposed by the WCD ministry. Union Minister of State for WCD Krishna Tirath who was in Pune to attend the 'No Girl No World' regional consultation on a national action plan for improving the sex ratio at birth said boys in the age group of 11-18 years would be trained to respect girls and women.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties