We all are excited about Ahana's wedding: Hema Malini
- Kashmir: 3 militants dead after attack at army camp in Handwara, medicines with Pak marking recovered
- The whitewash: Probe alleges Rohith Vemula's mother faked Dalit status, blames him for his suicide
- BCCI refute allegations of non-compliance with Lodha panel in Supreme Court
- Jayalalithaa's health: Madras HC dismisses petition, says filed for publicity, political reasons
- Government study finds toxins in PET bottles of 5 soft drink brands
The day for Hema Malini's younger daughter Ahana's wedding is around the corner. And 'Dream Girl' Hema Malini is fully into preparing for the event.
Says the radiant mother of the bride-to-be, "The wedding is on February 2. We're all so excited. I don't feel as if I am giving away another daughter in marriage. Instead it feels like two sons are being added to my family. Both Esha and Ahana's partners are so loving, caring and affectionate towards both me and Dharamji."
Hema has double reason to celebrate, as 'Sholay' has opened in a new 3D avatar.
Says Hema Malini, "I saw parts of the 3D version. Dharamji has seen the whole film in 3D. We both love what they've done. All those bullets flying into the audiences' faces and horses galloping out of the screen adds to the excitement of the original. See, we have to move on with the times gracefully."
The yesteryears' marquee queen who has done two other films 'Andaz' and 'Seeta Aur Geeta' with the 'Sholay' director says, "'Deam Girl' and 'Basanti' are the two names by which fans call me out. These are almost like my surnames. My mother didn't allow me to keep our family name 'Chakravarthy'. But Ananth Swamiji who discovered me for the screen gave me the epithet of 'Dream Girl'. And that stuck. Later Ramesh Sippy made me play Basanti. And that became the other name I am known by to this day."
Speaking about the enduring popularity of the Basanti character, Hemaji says, "I guess it's the chirpiness of the character that appealed to people. I did two other very important films of my career with Ramesh Sippy. But its 'Sholay's' Basanti that has the most recall value."
Hema's role in Ramesh Sippy's 'Seeta Aur Geeta' is also her political party the BJP's leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee's favourite.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness