We all are excited about Ahana's wedding: Hema Malini
- Five crew members killed in IAF's C-130J Super Hercules plane crash
- IPL season 7 to go on; Sunil Gavaskar to be BCCI chief
- Two terrorists killed in encounter after attacking army camp in J&K
- Sohrabuddin fake encounter: Supreme Court grants bail to Rajkumar Pandian
- Elections 2014 Live: Modi's PM dream will never be fulfilled says Lalu
The day for Hema Malini's younger daughter Ahana's wedding is around the corner. And 'Dream Girl' Hema Malini is fully into preparing for the event.
Says the radiant mother of the bride-to-be, "The wedding is on February 2. We're all so excited. I don't feel as if I am giving away another daughter in marriage. Instead it feels like two sons are being added to my family. Both Esha and Ahana's partners are so loving, caring and affectionate towards both me and Dharamji."
Hema has double reason to celebrate, as 'Sholay' has opened in a new 3D avatar.
Says Hema Malini, "I saw parts of the 3D version. Dharamji has seen the whole film in 3D. We both love what they've done. All those bullets flying into the audiences' faces and horses galloping out of the screen adds to the excitement of the original. See, we have to move on with the times gracefully."
The yesteryears' marquee queen who has done two other films 'Andaz' and 'Seeta Aur Geeta' with the 'Sholay' director says, "'Deam Girl' and 'Basanti' are the two names by which fans call me out. These are almost like my surnames. My mother didn't allow me to keep our family name 'Chakravarthy'. But Ananth Swamiji who discovered me for the screen gave me the epithet of 'Dream Girl'. And that stuck. Later Ramesh Sippy made me play Basanti. And that became the other name I am known by to this day."
Speaking about the enduring popularity of the Basanti character, Hemaji says, "I guess it's the chirpiness of the character that appealed to people. I did two other very important films of my career with Ramesh Sippy. But its 'Sholay's' Basanti that has the most recall value."
Hema's role in Ramesh Sippy's 'Seeta Aur Geeta' is also her political party the BJP's leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee's favourite.
- Manmohan, Sonia and Rahul to campaign in Odisha
- Khurshid hits out at UP police over poll code violation case
- BJP will field strong candidates against Rahul, Sonia: Rajnath
- Modi, Hooda snatching land from farmers: Kejriwal
- Major political outfits banking on 'senior' leaders in Punjab
- IM top man Akhtar was planning terror strike in Delhi: Police