We all are excited about Ahana's wedding: Hema Malini
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
The day for Hema Malini's younger daughter Ahana's wedding is around the corner. And 'Dream Girl' Hema Malini is fully into preparing for the event.
Says the radiant mother of the bride-to-be, "The wedding is on February 2. We're all so excited. I don't feel as if I am giving away another daughter in marriage. Instead it feels like two sons are being added to my family. Both Esha and Ahana's partners are so loving, caring and affectionate towards both me and Dharamji."
Hema has double reason to celebrate, as 'Sholay' has opened in a new 3D avatar.
Says Hema Malini, "I saw parts of the 3D version. Dharamji has seen the whole film in 3D. We both love what they've done. All those bullets flying into the audiences' faces and horses galloping out of the screen adds to the excitement of the original. See, we have to move on with the times gracefully."
The yesteryears' marquee queen who has done two other films 'Andaz' and 'Seeta Aur Geeta' with the 'Sholay' director says, "'Deam Girl' and 'Basanti' are the two names by which fans call me out. These are almost like my surnames. My mother didn't allow me to keep our family name 'Chakravarthy'. But Ananth Swamiji who discovered me for the screen gave me the epithet of 'Dream Girl'. And that stuck. Later Ramesh Sippy made me play Basanti. And that became the other name I am known by to this day."
Speaking about the enduring popularity of the Basanti character, Hemaji says, "I guess it's the chirpiness of the character that appealed to people. I did two other very important films of my career with Ramesh Sippy. But its 'Sholay's' Basanti that has the most recall value."
Hema's role in Ramesh Sippy's 'Seeta Aur Geeta' is also her political party the BJP's leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee's favourite.
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility
- Phenomenon of the non-academic VC is part of a wider crisis of the university
- PM Modi must recognise Pakistan’s gameplan, and respond at a time and place of India’s choosing
- The government has failed to provide the right incentives to farmers
- The advent of the Fadnavis government in Maharashtra Marathas’ political hegemony
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy