We are all in shock, it is too painful... the fight has just begun: Delhi gangrape victim's family
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- The Failing Fields: Wheat crop damaged, only seeds of discord at Punjab’s mega mandi
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
Many neighbours turned up to pay their last respects too. "I live in the next street, and even I did not know the girl was from here. When I heard about it at around midnight, I was shocked," said a local resident.
"She was a paramedical student, but we all knew her as the local doctor. She was among the toppers of her school," said a close friend of the victim's brother.
The victim's family is slated to go to their native village in Ballia district on Monday, for at least ten days. "It is painful being in this house, there are too many memories, and we all want to get away now. We have to go to the village to complete other rituals," said her brother.
But they were yet to get confirmed train tickets on Sunday evening. "There were so many police officials and VIPs here. Now we will try and see if someone can help us get confirmed tickets for Monday," he added.
And when they return to Delhi, they will just have one goal. "The fight has just begun. We want all the accused hanged, and we will fight for that, till the end," said the brother.