We have to play well in ODIs to avenge our Test losses: Yuvraj Singh
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
India cricketer Yuvraj Singh today said that the upcoming ODI series against England will provide the hosts with an opportunity to avenge the reverses they suffered in Tests late last year.
"England defeated us in the Test series recently. They are a good unit. We have to play well to defeat them in the upcoming ODI series and avenge our loss," said the all-rounder at the launch of an event here today.
Yuvraj Singh is satisfied with his form and hoped to be able to play bigger innings in the five-match series.
"I am hitting the ball well and playing well in patches at the moment. I have been in good form in the T20s, hope to carry it forward and play longer innings in the series," he said.
England batsman Kevin Pietersen felt Yuvraj Singh is the dangerman in the Indian line-up and needs to be dismissed early.
"He is the most destructive batsman in the Indian line-up. We get to get him early else he can take away the match from us," said Pieterson.
Commenting on his tumultuous relation with the Indian ace whom he once referred to as 'pie chucker' in the past, Pietersen said, "We are rivals on the field, but away from it we are all good friends. But on the field he will be looking to dismiss me, and I will also try to do the same."
India will take on England in the 1st ODI of the series on January 11 at Rajkot.