South Africa is the number one test side: Shoaib Malik
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Former Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik says the national team has the ability to bounce back in the One-day series against South Africa after a disappointing show in the Test series.
Malik, Kamran and Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz, Shahid Afridi, Ahmed Shahzad, Zulfiqar Babar, Asad Ali will join the national team for the series of two T20s and five one-dayers.
"Cricket is a funny game once you run into a bad patch it is difficult to come out of it unfortunately we had a bad start in the Test series and we couldn't get out of it. I don't think our team is as bad as the results show," Malik told PTI at the Gaddafi stadium.
He said Pakistan had a good Test side but unfortunately things didn't work out in South Africa.
"But we need to now just move on and try to reverse the results in the one-day series although it will be a challenge," he said.
Malik said Pakistan had a very good record in T20 and ODI matches and was capable of producing different results and pose a strong challenge for South Africa.
"It is a good opportunity for us to show everyone we are a far better side than the results suggest in the Test matches."
Malik, who is now considered only for T20 or ODI matches said the coming series was also a personal challenge for him.
"I was in South Africa late last year for the Champions League so I know the conditions are different there but I have been playing lot of domestic cricket and I know that I can do well," he added.
Malik, who was captain from 2007 to 2009, said he had also played well in the one-day series in India.
"I am feeling good about my cricket and I am ready to batat any position for Pakistan against South Africa. Having played domestic cricket also I am ready for the challenge."
- Priest Murder Case: Two more priests take narco test
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal