WeChat now also on BlackBerry
- Moga molestation case: Family refuses to cremate victim, seeks cancellation of bus firm's permit
- Ramdev rebuts Opposition, says his medicine doesn't promise male child
- Economic policy 'directionless', minorities anxious: Shourie on Modi government
- Six Baltimore officers face murder charges in black man shooting
- 'All of a sudden, I saw light': Nepal earthquake survivor recounts rescue
WeChat, the popular, free mobile voice and text messaging application of Tencent, which was launched in India in July last year across iPhone, Android, Symbian, and Windows platforms will now also be available for BlackBerry users.
Tencent also announced that WeChat has now crossed 300 million registered users globally. WeChat's had gone from 100 million to 200 million user accounts in just 6 months.
BlackBerry users in India can download the application for free from the BlackBerry App World.
WeChat for BlackBerry comes with the app's core features like 'push-to-talk', instant messaging, voice messaging, group chat and photo sharing. Other new new features will also be introduced later one.