- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
The wedding of State Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam's son, Vishwajit, with construction magnate Avinash Bhosale's daughter, Swapnali, was a star-studded event. From industrialists to film stars, over one lakh guests gathered at Balewadi sports complex in Pune on Friday evening to congratulate the couple on their wedding. Representing the Bollywood fraternity at the event were Ritesh Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza, Salman Khan, Madhur Bhandarkar and Sunil Shetty among others. The political presence included MNS leader Raj Thackeray with his wife Sharmila, former President Pratibha Patil along with her husband and son, Congress leader Digvijay Singh, Minister of Agriculture Sharad Pawar and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. The bride and groom were seated on a stage inspired by the Tirupati temple in Andhra Pradesh.
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism