- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
The wedding of State Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam's son, Vishwajit, with construction magnate Avinash Bhosale's daughter, Swapnali, was a star-studded event. From industrialists to film stars, over one lakh guests gathered at Balewadi sports complex in Pune on Friday evening to congratulate the couple on their wedding. Representing the Bollywood fraternity at the event were Ritesh Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza, Salman Khan, Madhur Bhandarkar and Sunil Shetty among others. The political presence included MNS leader Raj Thackeray with his wife Sharmila, former President Pratibha Patil along with her husband and son, Congress leader Digvijay Singh, Minister of Agriculture Sharad Pawar and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. The bride and groom were seated on a stage inspired by the Tirupati temple in Andhra Pradesh.