Weekly train to Bandra from Sunday
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
The Chandigarh-Bandra Terminus Express train will be flagged off from Chandigarh Station by Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Sunday. It will be a weekly train. The announcement for starting of the train was made in the last railway budget as well as the one announced on Wednesday. The train would have 18 coaches including two AC 3-tier, one AC 2-tier, seven sleeper and six general coaches. The fare would be Rs 453 for the sleeper class, Rs 1219 for AC 3-tier and Rs 1,607 for AC 2-tier. At present there is just one weekly train from Chandigarh to Mumbai. There was a demand for an additional train on the route. This is one of the two announcements made for the city in the rail budget, the other being that the Dibrugarh Express will ply for an additional day in the week. The new train will be flagged off by Bansal at 10.30 am on Sunday.