Weekly train to Bandra from Sunday
- Start Up India: Budget 2016 will see friendly tax regime, says Jaitley
- Burkina Faso Attack: At least 20 dead in siege at hotel, al Qaeda claims responsibility
- Jaitley never spoke to me about GST bill, invited me for daughter's wedding: Rahul Gandhi
- Beef search on train: I thought we were alive, why file a complaint and invite harassment, says victim
- India, Pakistan Foreign Secy talks likely in January
The Chandigarh-Bandra Terminus Express train will be flagged off from Chandigarh Station by Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Sunday. It will be a weekly train. The announcement for starting of the train was made in the last railway budget as well as the one announced on Wednesday. The train would have 18 coaches including two AC 3-tier, one AC 2-tier, seven sleeper and six general coaches. The fare would be Rs 453 for the sleeper class, Rs 1219 for AC 3-tier and Rs 1,607 for AC 2-tier. At present there is just one weekly train from Chandigarh to Mumbai. There was a demand for an additional train on the route. This is one of the two announcements made for the city in the rail budget, the other being that the Dibrugarh Express will ply for an additional day in the week. The new train will be flagged off by Bansal at 10.30 am on Sunday.