Weeping freed Iranians appear in Syria capital
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR manage 150/7 against RCB
He portrayed the Iranians as "pilgrims" who still wanted to see the shrine before they left Syria.
However, the US State Department disputed that description.
"We note that most of the Iranians who had been captive are members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard," said State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, adding it was "another example of how Iran continues to provide guidance, expertise, personnel, technical capabilities to the Syrian regime".
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling