Weight-loss seeds found to be highly toxic
- Indo-Pak NSAs meet in Bangkok, discuss terrorism, J&K
- Schools, colleges to remain shut in Chennai; full-scale flight operations to resume tomorrow
- No problem with Kejriwal's odd-even formula, won't mind taking bus to work: CJI
- Screaming 'this is for Syria', man stabs three at London station
- In Delhi, odd-numbered cars to run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
A nut-based diet product has been recalled around Australia after it was discovered that the product was poisonous and possibly lethal.
Australians taking The Latin Seed, which bills itself as a natural weight loss product and is sold through health stores, chemists and online, are urged to stop doing so immediately.
Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) announced the nationwide recall after tests showed some batches contained nuts that were not listed on the box. "Test results ... indicate that the nuts may not be candlenuts, but the poisonous seed of the Yellow Oleander," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted the food safety regulator as saying in a statement.
"Customers should cease consuming the product immediately (and) any consumers with health concerns should seek medical advice. Customers are advised to return the product to the point of purchase for an immediate full cash refund," he said.
FSANZ said the NSW-based company which sold it, Lumsden Health Products, was recalling all stock of the product as a "precautionary measure to protect the health of its customers".
"Please understand that this situation is abnormal and we are working with our insurance company, and the government bodies, with regard to refund process," said the company in a statement posted on its website.
- Chennai Floods: The burden of bravery
- Paris climate summit underlines progress depends on innovation and global partnership
- MP’s agricultural growth rates offer important lessons for the Centre
- In a divided social milieu, ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’ is an idle fancy
- AuGrav customised jewellery: All that glitters is now 3D
- Across the aisle: How to lose a friend and alienate people