West Bengal: Detailed report sought, forensic team to visit Jalpaiguri
- 12 players, three new teams, IPL officials and owners named in secret report to SC
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP S Delhi candidate
- In Cong bastion Nandurbar, you can sense straws in shifting wind
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
Senior police officials have sought a detailed report from IG, North Bengal, about the Jalpaiguri blast in which five persons were killed to ascertain whether the explosion was due to security or intelligence failure, a senior police official said.
Forensic teams would also reach Jalpaiguri town on Friday to examine the kind of explosives used to carry out the blast, the police said.
"On Friday forensic teams will examine the blast site to find out the type of explosives used to carry out the blast. A high alert has been issued," DSP (Jalpaiguri) Provat Chakraborty told PTI.
A bomb kept in a moving bi-cycle exploded killing five persons and injuring nine others at Bajrapara near Jalpaiguri town in north Bengal on Thursday.
The injured were admitted to the Jalpaiguri Sadar Hospital from where two persons were referred to the North Bengal Medical College Hospital.
The condition of some of the injured were critical, hospital sources said.
When asked whether Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) or any terrorist organisation was behind the blast, IG (law and order)Anuj Sharma had evaded a direct reply on Thursday saying, "We are investigating all the angles".
Shashikant Pujara, IG, North Bengal said, "As the KLO observes its martyrs' day on December 26 and its foundation day on December 28, they are the suspects. We are yet to see whether it's an attack or a carrier was carrying explosives which went off accidentally. "
Formed in 1993, the KLO is fighting for a separate Kamtapuri state comprising six districts of north Bengal and some areas of lower Assam.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful