West Bengal Human Rights Commission takes cognisance of Trinamool Congress MP Kakoli Ghose Dastidar's Park St rape remark
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Taking suo moto action, West Bengal Human Rights Commission has directed Kolkata Police Commissioner R K Pachnanda to file a report within three weeks on the remarks made by Trinamool Congress MP Kakoli Ghose Dastidar on the Park Street rape case.
"We have taken cognisance of what the Trinamool Congress MP had said recently on the Park Street rape case and issued a notice to the city Police Commissioner directing him to file a report within three weeks," WBHRC Chairman Justice (Retd) Ashok Ganguly told PTI here on Wednesday.
Ghose Dastidar had recently waded into a controversy saying the Park street incident in February last year was not a rape case but "a misunderstanding between two parties involved in professional dealings. Between the lady and her client'."
Ganguly said he also sought a reply from the Police Commissioner on why the main accused in Park Street rape case was not arrested even after a year.
"When in the recent rape case in Delhi all the accused were arrested immediately, why is the main accused of Park Street rape case yet to be arrested?" Ganguly said.