West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee loses her cool again, threatens to slap, calls journalists uncivilised
- We condemn the flogging of Dalit men in Gujarat, says Rajnath Singh
- India cannot suppress voice of Kashmiris, should hold plebiscite: Nawaz Sharif
- Hockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes away
- Ambiguity on Navjot Singh Sidhu's status in BJP as no official word on resignation from party
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt to examine pay parity between IAS, non-IAS officers
After drawing flak for suggesting that security personnel should be whipped, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today again lost her cool, threatening to slap photo-journalists.
The latest tongue lashing from the leader came while inaugurating a festival in Burdwan district
"I will slap you, you uncivilised people. Don't you see it's cooking here?" she snapped at photographers jostling for space while photographing her at the 'Mati Utsav' (Earth Festival) here yesterday, when she was going round the venue.
The footage went viral on TV channels here today.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might