Western Railway to launch major recruitment drive soon
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Western Railway will recruit 8,000 people in various categories in the next three months, for which nearly three lakh applications are expected.
A notification to this effect will be issued soon as intimated by Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee in a recent meeting, said Jayantrao Mahurkar, the newly elected vice-president of National Federation of Indian Railwaymen.
On his return from Kolkata after attending the 26th national convention if NFIR, he said this was a major recruitment drive after a long time. At the convention of December 11-13, he said the Railway Minister as the chief guest assured the gathering that the government would not privatise the railways. She also said a corporate plan was in the offing under which housing would be provided to railway staff.
He expressed the hope that career progression of gang staff, that got the lowest pay band salary would soon be expedited.
The resolutions passed at the convention included induction of children of employees coming under salary related retirement scheme.
The NFIR has urged the minister that the scope of the scheme be enlarged to cover those working in high grade like technicians working in grade pay of Rs 2,400.