'What impact has Modi's elevation made? NDA is down to three parties'
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
In this Idea Exchange, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda speaks about the state's land acquisition policy, the comparisons with Gujarat, and the new "pro-incumbency factor" in elections. This session was moderated by Resident Editor, Chandigarh, Vipin Pubby
Khushboo Sandhu: You have been comparing the performance of your government with Gujarat's. Why this comparison with Gujarat, why not with other states?
the Haryana government is not making any comparisons. It is the media that is doing so. If there is some development in Gujarat, I am happy for it because the state is part of India and it's the country that is developing. But there are certain basic parameters. I have looked at 119 of these parameters and analysed Haryana's performance. I only want the media to give me my due. The comparisons are based on the Planning Commission's figures.
Raghvendra Rao: Gujarat is a much bigger state. Is it a fair comparison in the first place?
Gujarat has many natural resources, the sea shore... Haryana has nothing, no natural resources. We do not even have our own airport, we do not have a high court. I have been hearing questions from the media on comparisons with Gujarat. You ask me to compare Haryana with any state, I can do that. We are the highest in per capita investment and resource mobilisation. We have the highest per capita income in the entire country.
Jaskiran Kaur: But it is widely said that if Gurgaon is taken out of Haryana, the state won't have much to talk about.
Can you take out Jamnagar and the sea shore from Gujarat? How can you take Gurgaon out of Haryana? And here I am trying to make more Gurgaons in Haryana... I am the first in the country to give landowners the right value for their land. That is what the new Land Acquisition Bill is about. When I became Chief Minister, almost overnight landowners realised the economic value of their land. Even after getting the full compensation amount, the landowner will continue to get annuity for 33 years. Go to any village of the state and you will find that we have given market rates for the land. Before we took over, farmers were being looted by previous governments.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly