what next, SRK?
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
But this is an SRK in his late 40s playing 25, though I will take him trying to do youthful over Aamir's laboured efforts at ditto in 3 Idiots. The lines show, and it takes all his charm to make us overlook them. Is the smart SRK brain thinking of what will take him to the next level, in which he can actually play his age? You may get older, but if you've done charm offensives before, that's what you can continue to do. The tricky part is to keep looking for the new while holding on to the old — the essential SRKness —which keeps his fans, as well as plain viewers — coming back for more.
Because if there is one star who needs that next step, it is Shah Rukh. Not Aamir who reaches for character, not Salman who aims for Salman, but SRK who tries for a new expression to add to his self-confessed armoury of 'five'. In Jab Tak Hai Jaan, he showed he could do a couple more.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully