What went wrong in Girhotras’ case against Rathore
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
On November 10, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had filed closure reports in two of the three FIRs registered against former Haryana director general of police S P S Rathore.
The CBI had said allegations of illegal confinement, criminal intimidation and attempt to murder leveled by S C Girhotra and Ashu Girhotra — father and brother of the late Ruchika Girhotra — "could not be substantiated".
Rathore has already been convicted on charges of molesting Ruchika, and he is out on bail in that case.
The Indian Express has copies of the CBI closure reports. Excerpts
WHAT S C GIRHOTRA ALLEGED
On December 28, 1993, morning, he found Ruchika in an unconscious condition. He wanted to take her to Command Hospital but police forced him to take her to PGI Chandigarh on Rathore's instructions. His signature taken on blank papers, name of Ruchika Girhotra intentionally changed to Ruby and his name from S C Girhotra to Subhash Chand. Veena was shown as his wife whereas his wife had died in 1988. Panchnama forged.
WHAT CBI FOUND
Veena was wife of S C Girhotra
Veena was married to Harmeet Singh Gujral in 1980 and had a daughter named Radhika. She seperated from Gujral and returned to her parents in Amritsar in 1984. The same year, she met S C Girhotra in Panchkula. They got married. In daughter's admission form, Veena mentions herself as wife of S C Girhotra. Later,
when she separated from S C Girhotra, she asked school authorities to change daughter's name from Radhika Girhotra to Radhika Gujral... Veena stood as surety for Ashu when he was arrested by Panchkula Police in auto theft cases.
No one forced Girhotra
No policeman was present outside Girhotra's house and nobody instructed him to take Ruchika to PGI, Chandigarh instead of Command Hospital. Girhotra took Ruchika to Dr V K Noheria's Nursing Home in Panchkula and on Dr Noheria's advice to PGI, Chandigarh.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18