WhatsApp to help ease traffic in Ahmedabad
The Ahmedabad Police Commissioner has turned to WhatsApp to keep tabs on traffic issues. The Ahmedabad traffic police now have a dedicated number with the WhatsApp service to receive complaints from locals. In a release on Wednesday, the police stated that 9799 21095 with WhatsApp services has been reserved for traffic issues.
The commissioner has stated that locals, who face jams, parking, accidents and snarls, can report to police on the number. He has also asked locals to complain if the traffic police, home guards and others on traffic duty misbehave or are found not managing traffic properly. According to police, the locals can also click photographs and videos of the traffic snarls or a fiasco with the police and send it to the police for quick reaction and disposal of the issue. This will ensure that wrong information about traffic jams.
- In first visit after riots, Mulayam defends UP govt, rakes up Gujarat
- Army takes over disputed plot, Manvendra sees conspiracy
- Five seats in Assam, 1 in Tripura to vote in Phase 1
- BJP Modi video to woo Muslims
- Elections 204 begin today; TDP joins hands with BJP, both face protests
- Campuses abuzz with poll talk: Debates, banners & streetplays drive campaign
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death