WhatsApp to help ease traffic in Ahmedabad
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Ahmedabad Police Commissioner has turned to WhatsApp to keep tabs on traffic issues. The Ahmedabad traffic police now have a dedicated number with the WhatsApp service to receive complaints from locals. In a release on Wednesday, the police stated that 9799 21095 with WhatsApp services has been reserved for traffic issues.
The commissioner has stated that locals, who face jams, parking, accidents and snarls, can report to police on the number. He has also asked locals to complain if the traffic police, home guards and others on traffic duty misbehave or are found not managing traffic properly. According to police, the locals can also click photographs and videos of the traffic snarls or a fiasco with the police and send it to the police for quick reaction and disposal of the issue. This will ensure that wrong information about traffic jams.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express