When a Superstar turns into a Fan
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
He has played his superstar persona several times over. Playing himself in Luck By Chance, he had words of wisdom for an emerging star. In Om Shanti Om and Chennai Express, he did not shy away from taking a dig at starry antics. Shah Rukh Khan will shed his superstar image in his next outing with Yashraj Films — Maneesh Sharma-directed Fan — where he will essay the role of a fan. "Most of the characters I do are the ones I create. For the first time, I am going to play what has created me," the actor stated in an official announcement.
The news of Sharma, a self-confessed fan of the star, taking the script to the actor a few months ago has been doing the rounds. Sharma, who was an assistant director when he first met Khan on the sets of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, had long nourished the dream of working with the actor. However, contrary to speculations of Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment taking up the film, Fan will be produced by Aditya Chopra of Yash Raj Films. Written by Habib Faisal, the film will go on floors in May 2014.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid