When a Superstar turns into a Fan
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
He has played his superstar persona several times over. Playing himself in Luck By Chance, he had words of wisdom for an emerging star. In Om Shanti Om and Chennai Express, he did not shy away from taking a dig at starry antics. Shah Rukh Khan will shed his superstar image in his next outing with Yashraj Films — Maneesh Sharma-directed Fan — where he will essay the role of a fan. "Most of the characters I do are the ones I create. For the first time, I am going to play what has created me," the actor stated in an official announcement.
The news of Sharma, a self-confessed fan of the star, taking the script to the actor a few months ago has been doing the rounds. Sharma, who was an assistant director when he first met Khan on the sets of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, had long nourished the dream of working with the actor. However, contrary to speculations of Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment taking up the film, Fan will be produced by Aditya Chopra of Yash Raj Films. Written by Habib Faisal, the film will go on floors in May 2014.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'