When Amitabh Bachchan bested Sachin Tendulkar, Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar and more
- Government issues notification for OROP implementation
- BJP marks strong electoral presence in Kerala civic polls
- Will ensure accountability of each and every penny: PM Modi on 80,000 cr J&K package
- #MarchforIndia rally: Nobody has the right to call our country intolerant, says Anupam Kher
- RSS destroying liberal, secular India: Rahul Gandhi
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has won the title of India's Prime Icon ahead of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Bachchan, 70, was felicitated by actresses Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma at an event here where he was given the title.
"Honoured and humbled that Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma take time out to present me India's Prime Icon of 2012 at CBS/BigFM.
"Prime Icon??!! Gosh that is far too far fetched for me... and to have Sachin, Lataji, Aamir (Khan), SRK (Shah Rukh Khan), Modi, Nitish (Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar)... as contenders," he posted on Twitter.
Bachchan also said that he reached the venue on time,while the attendees were yet to arrive.
"Reached venue on time at 7 pm, and no one there...!! Story of my life... so did a mock speech, mock award receipt and mock left!
"But most importantly the audience had students from 4 prime colleges of the city - IIT, Management School... for a live interview," he added.
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity
- Fifth Column: Bihar’s future vs Bihar’s past
- Out of my mind: What India can learn from Margaret Thatcher on intolerance
- Inside Track: Strained relations
- Bihar polls: Reservations an effort to polarise India’s pluralistic society