When Amitabh Bachchan bested Sachin Tendulkar, Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar and more
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has won the title of India's Prime Icon ahead of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Bachchan, 70, was felicitated by actresses Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma at an event here where he was given the title.
"Honoured and humbled that Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma take time out to present me India's Prime Icon of 2012 at CBS/BigFM.
"Prime Icon??!! Gosh that is far too far fetched for me... and to have Sachin, Lataji, Aamir (Khan), SRK (Shah Rukh Khan), Modi, Nitish (Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar)... as contenders," he posted on Twitter.
Bachchan also said that he reached the venue on time,while the attendees were yet to arrive.
"Reached venue on time at 7 pm, and no one there...!! Story of my life... so did a mock speech, mock award receipt and mock left!
"But most importantly the audience had students from 4 prime colleges of the city - IIT, Management School... for a live interview," he added.