4 youth gangrape Class IX student in West Bengal
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A Class IX girl student was gangraped allegedly by four youth, who gagged and tied up a male friend accompanying her in adjoining South 24 Parganas district, police said today.
The girl, who had set out with the friend from Joynagar on bicycle for a relative's home at Nalua, was stopped by the four youths at Bhaganpur, Additional Superintendent of Police Kankar Prasad Barui said today.
The youth, who were unidentified, gagged and bound the male friend and allegedly gangraped the girl who fell unconscious, Barui said.
Villagers discovered the two this morning and informed the father of the girl, Renupasad Halder, he said.
The father took his daughter to the Joynagar Police Station where an FIR was filed against the four unidentified youth, the ASP said.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it