4 youth gangrape Class IX student in West Bengal
- Farmer's suicide: Political blame game begins, Somnath Bharti sees plot, Congress targets BJP, AAP
- Mumbai Police arrest ‘largest meow-meow drug peddler’
- Govt wants to divide Net among corporates: Rahul Gandhi
- Cabinet clears trial of juveniles as adults in ‘heinous cases’
- Ministry refuses to relax norms for 35 border projects
A Class IX girl student was gangraped allegedly by four youth, who gagged and tied up a male friend accompanying her in adjoining South 24 Parganas district, police said today.
The girl, who had set out with the friend from Joynagar on bicycle for a relative's home at Nalua, was stopped by the four youths at Bhaganpur, Additional Superintendent of Police Kankar Prasad Barui said today.
The youth, who were unidentified, gagged and bound the male friend and allegedly gangraped the girl who fell unconscious, Barui said.
Villagers discovered the two this morning and informed the father of the girl, Renupasad Halder, he said.
The father took his daughter to the Joynagar Police Station where an FIR was filed against the four unidentified youth, the ASP said.
The girl was taken to the district headquarters town for an initial checkup and later brought to the metropolis for medical tests, Barui said.