When I start doing calculations, I finish faster than my staff, says Gohalwaria
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
If Mayor H S Gohalwaria is to be believed, his clerical staff is upset with his super calculating skills. When he calls the staff for a meeting or to review files, he finishes calculations faster than his staff and is even quick to find an error in calculations.
The mayor shared this at a function organised by NJ's Brilliant Brain Abacus at Maryland Palace located on Dugri road. An inter-school competition was organised by NJ's on December 29 in which about 650 students participated. Out of them, 220 got prizes.
Gohaliwaria, however, was surprised to see the quick oral calculations of the small children. While the teachers were giving oral sums to the kids as a part of demonstration, he was also solving those sums at the same time. "I left a few seconds behind these mini-computers. The formulas being taught to them for calculations are helping them solve the sums quickly. Such opportunities were not available in our times. I am amazed to see the talent in kids these days. Even the parents are also equally aware to provide the right direction to their kids as per their abilities," he said.