When Rahul Gandhi got angry at CBI for Kumar Mangalam Birla FIR
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Rahul Gandhi was upset at the CBI for filing an FIR against industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla for alleged irregularities in allocation of two coal blocks in Orissa.
He made his displeasure known to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who spoke up in defence of Birla.
Besides being a well-respected industrialist, Birla also happens to be a benefactor of Rahul's constituency, Amethi.
Earlier this month, Rahul and Birla shared the dais in Jagdishpur, Amethi, at the foundation-laying ceremony of a mega food park.
The park is being established by Indo Gulf Fertilisers, part of the Aditya Birla Nuvo group, with an investment of Rs 200 crore.
The venture is expected to provide infrastructure for food processing, including cold storage and warehousing. It will not only benefit farmers in the region but also provide employment.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed