Where it is likely to go down to the wire
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
The traditional Congress versus BJP fight has been altered by the entry of the Aam Aadmi Party. All eyes are on this third party, with many wondering whether it will play spoiler or win some seats. Of the 70 seats that make up the Delhi House, the contest is expected to be very keen at 25 places, where the fights are mostly triangular. Newsline does a quick scan<\i>
Total number of voters: 1,24,035
Sheila Dikshit (INC) vs Arvind Kejriwal (AAP) vs Vijender Gupta (BJP)
* The Chief Minister takes on the untested AAP's Arvind Kejriwal and former state BJP president Vijender Gupta. Kejriwal and Dikshit had to canvass for their parties across the city while Gupta had time to concentrate only on New Delhi.
Total number of voters: 2,35,966
Asif Mohammad Khan (INC) vs
Dhir Singh Bidhuri (BJP) vs Brahm Singh (BSP)
* The Okhla seat has always witnessed keen contests because of the cross-section of voters there — from industrialists to students to farmers. Bidhuri has set his sights on the farmer votes while Brahm Singh is counting on Gujjar votes. Sitting MLA Asif Mohammad Khan switched from the RJD to Congress.
Total number of voters: 1,33,102
Barkha Singh (INC) vs Anil Kumar Sharma (BJP) vs Shazia Ilmi (AAP) vs Dhiraj Kumar Tokas (BSP)
* Barkha Singh defeated her BJP rival by almost 10,000 votes in 2008. But this year, a four-way contest has complicated matters. Main challengers Anil Sharma and AAP's Shaziya Ilmi (who took a hit after a sting that her party claimed had been doctored) have focussed on local issues, especially women's safety. BSP's Dhiraj Tokas, one of the richest candidates in the fray, has a large, loyal Jat votebank.
Total number of voters: 1,89,128
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held