Where was Sandeep Patil when Sachin Tendulkar bid goodbye to cricket ?
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Where was BCCI chief selector Sandeep Patil on the day master blaster Sachin Tendulkar bid goodbye to cricket field ? In fact, if a former India cricketer is to be believed, Patil was conspicuously missing from Wankhede stadium on all three days of the match. "At least I did not spot Patil in the VIP box stadium," the former cricketer said.
Patil apparently stayed away from the match to avoid being heckled by the knowledgable Mumbai crowd. Patil is widely believed to be among those who put pressure on Sachin to call it quits by giving out stories in the media which surfaced in August-September. When he decided to retire, Tendulkar had reportedly declared his intention to BCCI officials and not to Patil. In his farewell speech, Tendulkar steered cleared of the controversy and even avoided mentioning the current selection committee.
However, Patil had vehemently denied that he was behind Sachin's decision to retire. "It's always a pleasure to meet Sachin, but I have not met him for the last 10 months. I have not called him, neither has he called me. We have not discussed anything, It's all non-sense," Patil had told PTI in September when he was asked about reports he (Patil) had recently met and discussed about Tendulkar's future.