Where was Sandeep Patil when Sachin Tendulkar bid goodbye to cricket ?
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma Bharti says Robert Vadra will be in jail if NDA comes to power
Where was BCCI chief selector Sandeep Patil on the day master blaster Sachin Tendulkar bid goodbye to cricket field ? In fact, if a former India cricketer is to be believed, Patil was conspicuously missing from Wankhede stadium on all three days of the match. "At least I did not spot Patil in the VIP box stadium," the former cricketer said.
Patil apparently stayed away from the match to avoid being heckled by the knowledgable Mumbai crowd. Patil is widely believed to be among those who put pressure on Sachin to call it quits by giving out stories in the media which surfaced in August-September. When he decided to retire, Tendulkar had reportedly declared his intention to BCCI officials and not to Patil. In his farewell speech, Tendulkar steered cleared of the controversy and even avoided mentioning the current selection committee.
However, Patil had vehemently denied that he was behind Sachin's decision to retire. "It's always a pleasure to meet Sachin, but I have not met him for the last 10 months. I have not called him, neither has he called me. We have not discussed anything, It's all non-sense," Patil had told PTI in September when he was asked about reports he (Patil) had recently met and discussed about Tendulkar's future.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota