Whistle Stop: Anandi gets a new face
- Farmer's suicide: PM says death has shattered the nation, Congress demands FIR against Modi, Kejriwal
- India needs a law to protect Internet: Rahul on Net Neutrality
- Late night storm claims 32, injures over 80 in Bihar
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Pak Army announces special force for protecting Chinese citizens
When Avika Gor was replaced by Pratyusha Banerjee as the new face of Anandi, Balika Vadhu's audience took a while to get used to the change. However, it was easier for them to adapt since Banerjee represented Anandi as a grown-up woman. But now, the actor, who had become as popular as the character itself, is set to be replaced by Toral Rasputra, without a time leap or any other genuine reason. While the channel says the decision is mutual since Banerjee could not devote ample time to the show, murmurs in the industry reveal that the makers were fed up of her tantrums. As for the new actor who has little experience behind her, a ready audience for the show is to be her advantage.